The last several episodes of the podcast have been a mini-series on the doctrine of the physical resurrection of Jesus from the dead, including several evidences for the resurrection and responses to several common attacks from skeptics and liberal theologians. This is the capstone episode, bringing the mini-series to a close.
In this episode, Kenny answers the question: “Why do I believe in the resurrection of Jesus?” highlighting the eye witness accounts from the people who saw Him on planet Earth after He rose from the dead. And then Kenny outlines why this doctrine matters so much. Kenny asserts that the resurrection is the lynch-pin of the Christian faith, the foundation upon which our entire faith rises and falls. There is no doctrine more important to examine, critique, defend, and embrace than the resurrection of Jesus.
– The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (by Gary R. Habermas and Michael Licona)
– Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church (by N. T. Wright)
– The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict (Josh McDowell)
– The God Who is There (Frances Schaeffer)
– The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach (Michael Licona)
– Resurrected! (John Morris)
– “He Has Risen: The Worldview of Easter” DVD Series (by John Stonestreet and T. M. Moore)
– Chuck Colson's Classic Commentary about The Church of the Holy Sepulchre
– Article from 1992 published in the New York Times about Discovery of the Bones of Caiaphas