10: Why Do You Oppose Abortion if the Babies go to Heaven?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 7:57 — 7.3MB)
Most Christians believe that aborted babies go to heaven. And most Christians are vehemently against the practice of abortion. So that leads some people to ask the question, “Why oppose abortion if those babies go right to heaven?”
In this episode, Kenny gives seven reasons:
1) Sin should never be condoned no matter what.
2) Abortion is murder, and this argument could be used to justify the murder of all small children.
3) This same logic could be used to justify the murder of all Christians.
4) We ought to never choose to sin just so that we can see grace exhibited.
5) Abortion kills the beauty of potential.
6) This logic presumes to rob another human of their opportunity to choose God.
7) This logic presumes to take the place of God.
Kenneth E. Ortiz (M.Div.) is a professor and recruiter at Bethlehem College and a pastor at Cities Church in St. Paul, MN. He has 15+ years of vocational ministry experience. He’s also a podcaster, author, and Ph.D. student. Kenneth lives in Bloomington, MN with his wife Malaina, they have one daughter.